if you are looking how to make Oats Khichdi so, I am guide you how to make Oats Khichdi step by step properly.
The go-to dish in a typical Indian home is khichdi. Every now and then, people enjoy the pot dish with achaar, raita, and fish fry as toppings. In addition to being a healthy dish, khichdi is often served to people who are ill because it is soft on the stomach and simple to digest. It is traditionally made with your choice of vegetables, dal, chawal, and ghee. But did you know that by switching out one ingredient, this dish, which is already healthy, can become even more nutritious? Let’s examine how.
We are referring to oats as the secret component. Simply swap out your regular rice for oats, and you’ll have a delicious and healthy oats khichdi to enjoy. While oats are high in fibre and protein, which are both good for the body, rice is the main source of carbohydrates. Oats have numerous health advantages as well, such as helping people lose weight, maintain healthy blood sugar and cholesterol levels, and lowering their risk of developing heart-related illnesses. Even substituting oats for the rice does not significantly alter the khichdi’s flavour; it remains the same, delicious khichdi. Let’s examine an oats khichdi recipe.
- 1 cup oats for cooking
- 30 ml of yellow moong dal
- 0.5 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Garam masala powder, 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder, 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder, 1/4 cup
- 1 diced potato
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 tomato, chopped finely
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 1 chopped carrot
- Bay leaf, one
- finely chopped ginger, 3/4 teaspoon
- Chopped 1/2 tsp. green chilies
- 12 a cup of mustard oil
- three water cups
- chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp ghee
- Once the oil in a pressure cooker has heated up, add the bay leaf.
- Add the onion and ginger now. Cook the onion until it turns golden brown.
- Add each vegetable one at a time. Salt will help them cook more fast.
- Add moong dal to the cooker once all of the vegetables are halfway done cooking.
- Cook until the dal changes colour and a nice aroma of roasted moong is released.
- Add your spice powder now, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Oats are added and cooked for an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour water over it and let it cook for three whistles.
- Lid removed, ghee added, and coriander leaves added as a garnish
- Enjoy this nutritious khichdi with some roasted papad and boondi raita!
Oats Khichdi is one of the best Indian food so, my last word is please try this food
Main keyword- how to make Oats Khichdi step by step