How to Beat Diabetes: 5 Ways to Prevent It and 6 Ways to Control It
Image Source: FreeImages
Diabetes is a common, serious disease in which your body cannot produce or store insulin properly. When you have diabetes, your pancreas makes less insulin than normal to help the body process sugar (glucose) from foods. In this article, you will learn about the different types of diabetes, its risk factors and how you can prevent it from ever happening to you.
You may not even know that you have it yet, but sooner or later probably sooner than later if you don’t take action now then it’s going to sneak up on you. Discovering the signs of diabetes as well as knowing what they mean will help put your mind at ease and decide if there is anything that needs immediate attention. If anything does need an inspection, then seeing a doctor can take care of any problems that are discovered. The sooner that you begin taking steps in preventing and controlling diabetes the better off that you will be in the long run.
types of Diabetes
Diabetes may be classified into two major types: Type 1 and Type 2.
Type 1 diabetes – This is also called juvenile diabetes. This form of diabetes normally occurs during childhood or adolescence. In this type of diabetes, the pancreas creates little to no insulin because of a failure in the beta cells of the pancreas. Beta cells are the cells that produce insulin. A shortage of insulin causes increased sugar in the blood and urine due to an inability to store sugar in cells. This form of diabetes affects approximately 1% to 2% of the population.
Type 2 diabetes – This is also called adult-onset diabetes or non-juvenile diabetes. In this type of diabetes, the beta cells of the pancreas malfunction but the pancreas itself is still functional. This can occur at any age but it is more common in people over the age of 40. This form of diabetes affects around 90% of all people with diabetes.
Risk Factors of diabetes
There are certain factors that may increase your risk of developing diabetes. Of these, being overweight, having a family history of diabetes and being born in a particular season are the most common.
1. Being overweight
2. Excess weight can increase the risk of Type 2 diabetes.
3. Having a family history of diabetes
4. If both your parents had diabetes, you are more likely to develop it.
5. Being born in a particular season
6. If you are born in winter or summer, you are at a higher risk of getting diabetes.
How to Prevent Diabetes?
There are certain things you can do to prevent diabetes from happening or at least delay its onset. Follow a healthy diet, exercise regularly and maintain a healthy weight. Maintain a balanced diet rich in fibre and vegetables. Limit your intake of sugary foods and beverages. Avoid excessive alcohol intake. Limit your intake of processed foods. Keep your blood sugar levels at an even level by consuming the right amount of insulin.
5 Ways to Control Diabetes
- 1. Lower Blood Sugar Levels – If you have diabetes, you need to control your blood sugar level. That is why many people with diabetes take insulin. Some manage their condition with diet and exercise alone. Other people take insulin or use insulin pump or insulin pen. You can lower your blood sugar levels by consuming the right amount of food at the right time. That is, you can try to avoid fussy eating. Fussy eating is when you eat when you are not hungry. You can also try to eat a small amount of food at regular intervals during the day.
2. Lower Insulin Intake – When you have diabetes, it may be necessary to take insulin to control your blood sugar levels. If you do not take insulin, your blood sugar level will be very high. Therefore, you need to take insulin injection or insulin pump and insulin pen. You need to keep track of your blood sugar levels and take insulin as per the rules.
3. Monitor Weight – If you have diabetes, you need to check your weight regularly. If you are taking insulin as per the rules, your insulin intake has to be adjusted according to your weight. That is, you have to try to avoid gaining excessive weight.
4. Maintain a Healthy Body Weight – If you have diabetes, you have to maintain a healthy body weight. That is, you have to try to avoid gaining excess weight.
5. Avoid Excessive Alcohol Intake – Drinking alcohol is not good for your health. Even though it does not contain sugar, it increases your blood sugar level. Therefore, you have to avoid drinking alcohol. But, you have to take caution. If you are diabetic, you should not drink alcohol. You can also try to mix your drinks with energy drinks. You can also try to mix your drinks with energy drinks. You can also try
5 Ways to Prevent It
- 1. Change your eating habits and eat more fibre-rich foods.
2. Avoid sugary and salty foods.
3. Lower your sugar intake as much as possible, especially sugar-laced drinks like soda, fruit juices, etc.
4. Increase your physical activity.
5. Maintain a healthy weight. Being overweight is a risk factor for diabetes.
Diabetic Diet Food List in Urdu
Pre-Diabetes is a stage where your blood glucose levels are elevated but not high enough to be considered diabetes. You can try these diabetic diet foods to prevent and control diabetes.
- 1. High-fibre vegetables and fruits-
2. such as cauliflower, broccoli, brussels sprouts, tomatoes, apples, pears, etc.
3. Low-glycemic vegetables and fruits- – such as spinach, artichoke, mushrooms, olives, etc.
4. Whole grains-
5. such as wheat, oats, barley, etc.
6. Low-fat milk-
7. avoid non-fat milk.
8. Low-sugar and salt-laden foods-
9. such as vegetables, meats, milk products, etc.
Diabetes is a serious condition that can lead to complications if it is not managed properly. You can reduce your risk of developing diabetes by maintaining a healthy body weight, eating a balanced diet, and exercising regularly. You can also prevent diabetes by avoiding excessive alcohol intake, maintaining a healthy body weight, and avoiding skipping meals. You should also try to maintain a healthy blood sugar level by eating healthy meals throughout the day, and checking your blood sugar levels at scheduled intervals to adjust your insulin intake accordingly.
main keyword- How to Beat Diabetes