Homemade Rava Kesari Recipe Using Strawberry – A Fabulous Dessert
Image Source: FreeImages
Rava Kesari (sooji halwa, sevai Kesari) is one of the most popular Indian sweets. It is usually made in most homes during Diwali and other festivals. However, store-bought Rava Kesari is laden with refined sugar and artificial flavors. Making it at home is simple and requires just a few ingredients and tools. Here’s an easy recipe for homemade Rava Kesari using strawberries that you can make in your own kitchen!
Ingredients for making Rava Kesari
All-purpose flour/ Rava/ Cream of Wheat
- 1 cup Ghee/ Clarified butter
- 1/2 cup of Sugar
- 3 cups of Milk
- 1/2 cup Vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp Strawberry (or dry fruits)
- 1/2 spoon khoya
Sugar substitute for Rava Kesari
If you are using a no-sugar-added recipe or diabetic person in the family, then you can try the following sugar substitutes –
- 1. Agave syrup: It is a sweet syrup made from the juice of the agave plant. It is used as a substitute for sugar in various recipes.
- 2. Stevia: Stevia is a natural sweetener that is used in many countries as an alternative to sugar.
- 3. Xylitol: It is a natural sweetener that is obtained from certain plants. It has few health benefits and is often used as a sugar substitute.
Step-by-step procedure to make Rava Kesari using strawberry
Prep time – 10 min Cook time – 20 min
Tips for making Sooji Halwa (Rava Kesari) with Strawberry
- Select the right strawberries – The strawberries should be sweet and fragrant. The best season to buy strawberries is from June to October.
- Choose good Rava – Always choose the cream of wheat or sooji that is 100% whole wheat. If you buy refined Rava, then the Kesari will be very light in color and less tasty.
- Rava Kesari tastes best when fresh. So, always make fresh Rava Kesari and store it in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- You can also make Rava Kesari for Navratri fast by substituting sugar with jaggery or Khansari. – Even you can make Instant Rava Kesari with the help of a microwave.
- It is a delicious and quick recipe for kids when they are not interested to eat anything during Navratri fast.
How to make Rava Kesari without Strawberry / Using Dry Fruits
- Make a paste of dry fruits by adding little water. Dry fruits can be substituted for strawberries.
- Add dry fruit paste, cardamom powder, and raisins to the sooji/rava.
- Once the Rava Kesari is prepared, garnish it with dry fruits.
Rava Kesari is a popular Indian dessert made with semolina that is seasoned with ghee and sugar. It is a festive recipe that is a part of many Indian festivals like Diwali and Navratri. It is made using different ingredients like dry fruits, fresh fruits, and even coconut. It is a delicious treat that children will love and it is easy to make at home. Now that you know how to make Rava Kesari, you should also try out other Indian desserts like halwa, dal ka halwa, and gulab jamun. So, what are you waiting for? Try this delicious recipe and share your feedback with us.
read more . How to Make Frisch’s Vegetable Soup Recipe . Thandai is a low-calorie drink: The Modernized Recipe . no. 1 Delhi Samosa Recipe: The Most Popular Dish in India . 10 Genius Ways To Cook Pasta That Actually Works (And Taste Amazing) . How To Make Hyderabadi chicken biryani : The Most Popular and Tasty Indian Rice Recipe . how to make Oats Khichdi step by step properly in 30 minutes
Main keyword : Rava Kesari Recipe Using Strawberry